Is your bathroom in desperate need of a facelift? If you’re sick of bathing in a room with dated décor, don’t despair, here are 15 really easy ways to give your lacklustre space a new lease of life.
1. Instantly rejuvenate tired walls with a fresh lick of paint.
2. Insert a bold new shower curtain to liven up your washroom. By choosing a unique design that showcases your personality, you can add an individual touch to a room that is lacking in character.
3. Turn an old bedside table into a storage unit for stashing away unsightly toiletries.
4. Regrout shabby looking tiles for a fresh, new look. If you're feeling adventurous, a fresh lick of tile paint will revive tired walls.
5. Replace your bath mat, it will make the world of difference.
6. Add a statement mirror to reflect light around the room and open up the space.
7. They say that the devil is in the detail, so make sure you replace dated fixtures and bathroom essentials such as taps and handles for a luxurious lift.
8. Add decorative wall art to liven up bare walls. You could frame your favourite prints or use photos you’ve taken on a beach holiday.
9. Place a fresh jug of flowers on the windowsill to beautify your bathroom and add a subtle scent.
10. Install a new light fitting to create a soothing ambience. If you can’t afford a new fixture, LED bulbs will help to radiate a warming glow.
11. Decluttering is a really easy way to revive your bathroom. Invest in clever storage to stow all of your bits and pieces neatly away.
12. Paint the ceiling a lighter colour than the walls, it will really help to make the room seem bigger.
13. Upgrade old towels with fresh, fluffy new ones – a bathroom will always feel dated if the towels are past their best.
14. Scented candles are great for creating a calming atmosphere as well as releasing a sweet smell.
15. Update your shower head with a multifunctional spray fixture. As well as being eco-friendly, the rainfall setting is perfect for creating a luxurious showering experience.
Redecorating your bathroom doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg, you can create maximum output with minimum input just by getting a little bit inventive.
Want to get involved? Send us your family bathroom pictures and tips to email@example.com for the chance to be featured on our blog.