Have you ever had one of those moments when you thought, “I can’t believe I’ve never tried this before”? The last time it happened to me was when I bought my first soft-close toilet seat. Up until then I’d been used to the more standard, heavy wooden seat type that crashes down when it’s accidentally dropped. And to be honest, I would have gone for the same style again had it not been for the realisation that a soft-close seat wasn’t that much more expensive, and that I probably should try it if that was the case.
Soft-close seats are often sold as a ‘luxury’ item and I’d say that’s an accurate description. There’s definitely something luxurious about having the toilet seat close slowly and silently behind you. Personally, I would probably upgrade this description to ‘affordable luxury’, because in the same way you can afford to treat yourself to a daily flat white, you don’t really need to do without your daily encounter with a soft close toilet seat.
These are my top five reasons for purchasing a soft-close seat:
- Why wouldn’t you? Our soft close seats start at just over £10.
- Soft close seats are just as sturdy as their standard counterparts and built to last, with up to five year guarantees. They’re just a bit more elegant.
- The soft close function encourages the whole family to put the seat down.
- You’ll never have to cringe at the sound of a banging toilet seat again.
- It’s the easiest way to update the look and function of your existing toilet.
So the question is not really why you should get one, but when. You can view our range of toilet seats to find your perfect style. Or, if you’re looking to replace your whole toilet, you can search our amazing toilet deals for the complete bundle, including the seat.